Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> Then try the wifi again>
* To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
* Tap the Quick Settings icon
* Select Wi-Fi.
* Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
* Your home network
should appear in the list.
* Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
* Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
* If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
* Then Tap Connect.
* In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!