Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

I just got a new Iphone 6 and am trying to use the HOTSPOT

Customer Question

Hello I just got a new Iphone 6 and am trying to use the HOTSPOT as I did w/ the Iphone 5 to use my Asus tablet but it will not connect to the iPhone 6 it does connect to my secretary's Iphone 5 still
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Then go to Settings > Cellular and enable Cellular Data.
Tap Cellular Data Network. Scroll down and enter the APN for Personal Hotspot. You can contact your carrier for the APN.
After entering APN, turn on Personal Hotspot option under Settings. Tap WiFI password ***** change the password ***** only letters (8 or more). Then try to connect your Asus tablet to it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.