Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I own a Linksys router, how can you tell if the router is working

Customer Question

I own a Linksys router, how can you tell if the router is working correctly. It is connected to an modem, thru my phone company, but I can not get my printer to print wirelessly. The phone company just changed out the modem.
My printer is AES and TKIP compatible but requires the WPA for one and WPA2, but the printer company says the phone company is not using the correct one (WPA or WPA2). The
phone company told me to contact Linksys to tell me how to reset the router.
The reason the phone company had to replace the modem is we had lightening storms in our area.
Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is your Linksys router currently connected to the modem now?
Is the computer connected to the modem or router, etc.?
What's the model of your printer?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,