Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

HP MFP M476nw Color LaserJet Pro All In One non-responsive

Customer Question

HP MFP M476nw Color LaserJet Pro All In One non-responsive completely. Control panel locked, nothing will print/scan/copy. Get no response when trying to ping IP address. Is there a hard reset?  This is not a networking issue.  I did not choose that category.  This is a printer issue.

Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Try this:- with the printer still On, turn it Off by unplugging it from the power, sharply and suddenly.- leave it that way, for 2 hours or more, unplugged. - (leave it unplugged from network, USB cable, phone line, or other connections too.)- after that interval, plug it in, but only to the power for now.- turn it On, if necessary. Observe how it behaves.- if it turn On and initializes without any error message, then try doing a photocopy of an original on the glass sheet. If that works OK, re-connect the network (or USB - but not both) connection, and try a print job. Something *simple*, from a simple application - not a highly detailed photograph from Adobe Photoshop, in other words, nor something from MS Word or MS Office... but just something. A Notepad file would do, it's very plain text. What result do you get? let me know, at your convenience. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am trying this solution. Keeping fingers crossed for this to work. I've power cycled numerous times and have left off over night. But this will be the first time doing exactly the steps you have outlined. Will check back in a couple hours.Thanks
~Betsy
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know how it goes; I hope it at least changes something about the problem, or it shows some basic signs of life.
(I forgot to mention: try powering it On with the power cord in a different outlet entirely! that could be a factor, esp. if that has a ground-interrupter breaker in it... at least, I think it might matter. It's worth a try.)