Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have the same problem, I want to use my Bose quit comfort

Customer Question

Hi I have the same problem, I want to use my Bose quit comfort headphones so my low hearing mother can hear the tv, but I get no sound when I plug them into the cable box. I do get sound when I plug them into the tv, but there is no way to control the volume using the remote, and it is too loud. The headphones themselves do not have a volume control. I did this on my cable box in my home in fl this winter for her and it worked there, so I don't know what I am doing wrong
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Not all cable boxes support this function. Many newer (digital) boxes restrict analog output to not work at all, especially if hdmi is already in use. What you can try though is going into the cable box setup menu and look through the audio settings. Try putting it to pcm/stereo (rather than dolby/digital) and set the output to FIXED rather than variable, if you are able to.If that still does not work, you can look in the tv setup for the same fixed/variable function. If that still doesn't work, I'll advise further on options.Nathan