Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Denon avr 5803 receiver power on every thing light up for

Customer Question

Denon avr 5803 receiver power on every thing light up for few second than turn off in to stanby mode
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.
This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.
You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.
If this doesn’t change anything, let me know and I will advise further.