Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

We stream netflix. Upgraded to Speed internet. Now only

Customer Question

We stream netflix. Upgraded to Hi Speed internet. Now only get one bar on router. Cable company says that is common with WiFi streaming and we need an antenna booster for the TV. Help please. xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Margaret, do you have any trouble with the internet speed on a computer that is wired directly to the router?How far is the vizio from the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No trouble with the computer. The Vizio is about 12-15ft away. On the standard internet we didn't have any trouble getting three or four bars to stream. My son tried moving the modem and router nearer to the Vizio but that didn't work either, so according to cox, our WiFi provider, we need a booster antenna added to the Vizio. They suggested I start at the Vizio website.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Margaret,there is really no such thing as a "booster antenna" for the tv. There are other options though. Since it is so close, the best and easiest option, as well as the fastest and most reliable, is going to be a wired ethernet connection, rather than wifi.All you need to do is buy an ethernet cable which are very inexpensive online, and plug one end to the tv and the other to the router. You can just run the cord along the baseboards to keep it out of the way: http://amzn.to/1JRnEpVIf a direct wire isn't an option due to room layout (doorways, etc), then there are some options to simulate a wired quality connection with a powerline ethernet adapter: http://amzn.to/1JRnOxE