IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I HAVE WIFI AVAILABLE ON KINDLE FROM MY ROUTER BUT DONT

Customer Question

I HAVE WIFI AVAILABLE ON KINDLE FROM MY ROUTER BUT DONT APPEAR TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, MY MAIL ADDRESS IS **********, HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

.
Is your home Wi-Fi network password-protected? If so, did you type the correct password ***** your Kindle upon connecting?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you access to type in your network password
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know the Kindle model you use and I will provide the instructions for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindle Fire HD
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!
Here is what to do:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show "Quick Settings" and then tap on "Wireless"
2. Verify that "Airplane Mode" is "Off"
3. Next to "Wi-Fi", tap on "On"
4. You will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Tap on yours to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, it means the Wi-Fi network is password-protected. Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect
Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Wi-Fi is connected, but at the top of the screen I have an x over the Wi-Fi connection ? is this internet access.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
That "X" next to the Wi-Fi icon indicates that your the Kindle is connected to a WiFi network, but cannot access the Internet.
To fix that, I suggest restarting both your router and Kindle.
To restart your router, just un-plug its power cable from the electrical outlet and leave it un-plugged for about 10 seconds. After that, re-plug the power cable.
For Kindle: un-plug the charger from your Kindle if plugged in and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Ignore the shutdown message that may appear. After 30 seconds, the Kindle will shut down completely. After that, wait for 10 seconds and press the power button to power it back on.
Check if the X is still there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed all these instructions, didnt solve the problem X still remains.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Do you have any other device in your home that is able to successfully connect to your Wi-Fi network and access the Internet?
Are you sure you typed the correct Wi-Fi password, in case your Wi-Fi network is password *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wi-Fi network is not password *****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
In that case, there seems to be a problem with your Kindle so I suggest resetting it to factory default settings. Hopefully, that will solve the Wi-Fi problem you are experiencing.
Here is how to proceed:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show "Quick Settings" and then tap on "More..."
2. The "Settings" menu will appear - there tap on "Device"
3. At the bottom, top on "Reset to Factory Defaults"
4. Confirm by tapping "Yes"
Factory reset will remove all personal data, such as your linked Amazon account and downloaded content. You can easily re-add your Amazon account and re-download all the content after the reset, once the Wi-Fi becomes operational.
The reset will take a few minutes so wait until it has finished. Once the Kindle reboots itself, check if Wi-Fi if fully working.