Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I changed my wyfy network name to Home-1df2 and now my computer

Customer Question

I changed my wyfy network name to Home-1df2 and now my computer willnot send info to my MX892 printer to print. How can I get my printer to print wirelessly from my computer?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your printer's driver software, as installed on your computer, has stored within it the name of your WiFi network.
Since you changed that name, now the router cannot be reached by the printer software, and thus the printer cannot be reached through the router either.
A routine uninstall of your printer software, followed by a restart, followed by a reinstall of your printer software, would take care of this problem.
(Theoretically looking through the printer software and changing the network name throughout it, would cure the problem, but in practice the uninstall-restart-reinstall is simpler to do, and also possibly takes less working time.)
Would you like instructions as to how to do this uninstall-reinstall? if so, please tell me
1. your printer's maker (HP, Canon, etc.)
2. your printer's model number
3. your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows or MAC OS X 10.X)
4. if Windows, your Windows PC's "System Type", which can be either 32-bit or 64-bit, and is found by going to
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System
and looking for the
System Type.
With that information I will be able to give you detailed instructions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I regret that I cannot offer phone support services at this time, so I have Opted Out in favor of another Expert who can. Thanks.
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you