IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I can't get my DS 560 to join new network. I press 'connect&

Customer Question

I can't get my DS 560 to join new network. I press 'connect' and the white and orange lights keep blinking. It doesn't get recognized on my computer. It says I need WPS but my Almond Router is only WPA security. How do i fix?
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

If standard connection wizard didn't help, have you tried with EpsonNet Config utility?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I tried switching the toggle at the back of the scanner to 'AP mode' and connecting by direct WIFI connection. That's what i need to do for epson net config to work but the scnaner doesn't pop up as listed when i open epson netconfig.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cable modem (not router) has a 'WPS' button on the top. Do I need to press that to connect the scanner through the router?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below to download the printer manual:
https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd40192.pdf
Open the manual and go to page 35 which describes how to manually connect to a Wi-Fi router using EpsonNet Config.
Follow those instructions and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says 'you must have computer with wireless adapter to set up connection.' What is that? I have a macbook pro 2013
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It simply means that you need a WiFi enabled computer. All MacBook pro computers are, so try to follow the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AP mode direct wireless connection to the scanner isn't working. It won't connect to wifi, it tries for 1 minute then gives an explanation point mark on my laptop wife symbol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried unplugging scanner, switching to another room. should i change the channel of my router? is it crowded ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Changing the WiFi channel won't help in this case.
Please set the scanner's switch to AP Mode again and check if its wireless network name will appear on the wireless network list on your MacBook Pro.
If you have a WiFi mobile phone, scan for nearby wireless network devices there as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it does appear. I know the name of it, because it's on the abck of the scanner too. But when I try to select it, it doesn't connect. nor does it even ask for a password. It just thinks for a while, then '!'
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If you have any other computer or phone, please try to connect to it there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my iphone 6 appears to have connected, now what do i do? i can't get epson net config on my phone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. That means the scanner's wireless network connection is working properly, but something is wrong with the MacBook pro.
You need to connect to the scanner's wireless network using your computer to run EpsonNet Config. Since your MacBook pro won't connect, please do the following:
1. un-plug both your modem and router from the electrical outlet
2. restart your MacBook pro
3. leave your modem and router un-plugged, and then scan for wireless networks on your MacBook pro
4. try to connect to the scanner's wireless network. If it now connects, start EpsonNet Config
5. re-plug your modem and router so that the EpsonNet Config (scanner) can connect to the router - make sure to type your home wireless network network name and password *****
6. when done, the scanner should stay connected so you can connect your MacBook pro to your home wireless network
Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried this. I inputed the WPA AES passkey on my ALmond router, I typed in the router name on the Epson Net Config, and clicked 'Transmit' and it said it was good, but then when I turn on scanner again on WIFI mode, the light turns white, and looks good, but then when i turn my laptop on, and connect to my Almond router, the scanner WIFI light starts blinking all funny and then doesn't connect or work. Are there too many devices on my network? I already have a laser HP printer, two laptops, and two phones. All in one little office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean that I inputed the WPA AES passkey within EPson netconfig
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
That's strange. All WiFi routers, including yours, should work fine with up to about 50 WiFi devices.
However, you can temporary disconnect all WiFi devices and leave only your DS 560 scanner and the Mac computer connected, then check what will happen.