Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

System is suddenly unable to connect. Unable to connect prompt

Customer Question

System is suddenly unable to connect.
Unable to connect prompt says unable to find system on network. Wifi is working and iPad is connected to wifi. Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try these steps first please> Unplug the power cord to your wireless router for 1 minute and then reconnect the power cord. Then while the router is rebooting, follow these steps on the iPad>Step 1:
Tap Settings.
Step 2:
Tap General.
Step 3:
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
Step 4:
Tap Reset Network Settings.
Step 5:
You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Step 6:
Wait while your iPad resets its network settings.
Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPad will also automatically restart. While the iPad is rebooting, follow these steps on the control4>
Select More > Settings > Network.
Next to Wireless and from the list, select the network to connect to. Select Enable. The active network shows a star.
(Optional). If you don't see the network you want, select Other.
Network Name - Select to add the SSID or name of the wireless network when the on-screen keyboard appears.
Security - Select None, WEP 64, WEP 128, or WPA.
Password ***** Type the password ***** to you by the person who set up your home's wireless network (dealer or installer).
Select Connect. Notice that the IP Settings change. Note: If you entered a name in Step 3, you can change the Network Name; otherwise, you cannot change it. At the top of the screen, you will see 'Status: Connected' if you've established a connection to the wireless network. Try reconnecting your iPad to the network again and see if the control4 system app works properly.
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!