D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience:  5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
19897260

I tried to update my xfinity router today but had issues.

Customer Question

Hello, i tried to update my xfinity router today but had issues. I ended up just reinstalling the old router. Afterwards my Control4 is turning on my TV and other devices but not the sound receiver. Had no audio control from the remote. I unplugged the router, my wifi base, and the Control4. I kept them off for 10 minutes then rebooted. The receiver still isn't responding. Any advice? I know it has to be something simple in the settings that i'm overlooking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If the receiver still isn't responding, even with the old router, then it is likely a problem with the receiver itself.
Check if it will respond ok to its original remote control.
Try restarting the receiver. Then check if it will respond to the Control4 again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The receiver is not the issue. Responds to remote and restarting didn't fix the issue.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer..
My name is ***** ***** I am a member of the expert community here..
Can you clarify.. The control 4 remote is functioning with every device on the network, except for the sound receiver. Is that correct?
If so, whats the name brand and model of the sound receiver you are using?
Thank you,
Dustin S.