Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Help! My Linksys E1550 router doesn't see the internet. I

Customer Question

Help! My Linksys E1550 router doesn't see the internet. I am bound by wires now--I haven't felt this pain for years! Make it work! Please!
We installed this originally 8/21/2011. It's working fine since until this afternoon when nothing that sees the router can access the internet. Even the desktop, when wired via the E1550, can't see the internet.
I tried reinstalling from the CD but it can't see the internet so that route (punny, get it?) went nowhere. Oh, what can it be?
Thanks,
Bound&Chained
Category: Networking
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Try this:
Unplug the router/modem from the power source for a full 2 minutes (count it) then power the computer off, plug it modem/router back in and wait for the lights to go back on then turn the computer back on.
Test the connection out for me and tell me what happens.
If it still doesn't work tell me what changes you've made since it stopped working. I can start a remote session that way I can take a closer look at the problem and fix it for you directly if you like.
Regards,