Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I have a Cisco ASA 5500. I am using it

Customer Question

I have a Cisco ASA 5500. I am using it for remote VPN. The ASA was authenticating to my Windows 2003 Domain and DNS server. I had to change the DNS server IP address and hostname in the ASA because of a server failure. After I did that clients cannot connect to the VPN. The new DNS server and domain host are Windows Server 2008. Is there something that else that I need to update?
Thanks!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
No other configuration should be necessary after changing the IP address and hostname.
Try restarting all network equipment including any switches and routers, then try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I performed a restart of all the devices but that did not solve the problem. I have attached the error that I receive from my VPN client. Is there something else that I can try?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the error message, that helps. This error could be caused by the AAA authentication server settings on the firewall.
Try editing the AAA server settings, as shown here:
https://supertekboy.com/2014/01/23/cisco-vpn-reason-433-reason-not-specified-by-peer/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I have a newer version of the ASA because I'm having a problem finding the sections that the link you provided references. I tried to update it but receive the attached error message from ASDM.Thanks!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me check if the other experts have any ideas on this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you have an opportunity to check with other experts? Thanks!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately no other experts have anything to add yet.
Your question remains on the open question list for all experts to review.