Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Do you put auto block screens up if the network is hacked?

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you able to describe your issue in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I went on my computer I was going on the Internet to Amazon and all of a sudden I got a white box that said Microsoft put an auto block on the computer because of something being compromised there was a number to call so I called. They said my network had most likely been hacked so I let him on the computer and it showed 15000 and some errors. Do you know if fox technologies is a legit company? Do I need to get this done?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
This is a SCAM -- Please do not have them do anything to your computer. The "15000 errors" that they showed you are just event logs of your computer that logs every activity and are not actual errors.

If you are comfortable with running antivirus let me know and I will give you the software, if you wish that I complete the steps for you, please accept the additional services offer that I am sending you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have web root is that good enough or do I need something more?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Please run Webroot and download Malware Bytes (Free version) here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/