Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I am using parallels 10 on my IMac I can't access internet

Customer Question

I am using parallels 10 on my IMac I can't access internet on OSX side. The internet settings is set to shared network, connected to the internet via wired connection.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try this first please...launch Network Diagnostics manually. To do this, choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Network. Click Assist me, and then click Diagnostics.)
The Network Diagnostics utility will guide you through a series of questions and tests, ranging from checking your ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to network configuration and DNS servers. Sometimes the utility can repair problems itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this method nothing happened same problem occurred

Okay, try power cycling the router and the mac. Unplug the router power cord for one minute, then replug the router power cord. Then while the router is powering back up, disconnect all cables and devices from the mac, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Then try connecting again after the mac reboots.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all these methods i think the problem is parallels 10 network configuration. As I said before the windows part is connected to the internet and the network drivers in contrary the OSX side is not. When I checked the network status in the OSX side it appears that every thing running perfectly and LAN is connected
Okay, do you get an error message when you open safari?
This may be an ip address conflict. Open the Mac OS Network preferences and view the IP address and Subnet Mask for the Parallels Shared Networking Adapter.
Open the TCP/IP settings in Windows and enter the same IP and Subnet on the Mac.