Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

My neighbors peggy back on our iternet with a TR-SL2-15f

Customer Question

Hi my neighbors peggy back on our iternet with a TR-SL2-15f and we intalled a new router and now we cannot get into the transceiver to reconfig it?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhats the make and model of the new router? And whats the problem you experience when connecting it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Linksys E2500 or N900, the problem we are having is we cannot seem to get into the transceiver the password ***** ***** working. So we cannot configure it to see the new router.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksEnter the default username admin and the default password ***** it was changed, this will be it. Does it accept this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi default does not work, but it we enter 36583658 our old password ***** says 401 authorization required?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That just means incorrect password.Do you see a reset button or reset hole on the back of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you there Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so what do you think
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What do I think? Sorry I don't follow.I have not heard back from you after asking you to check for the reset button and then if I am there which was a few hours ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't receive that instruction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check for a reset button and get back to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is where we left off and you dissapeared.You - Hi default does not work, but it we enter 36583658 our old password ***** says 401 authorization required?04 May 2015 07:20Me - That just means incorrect password.Do you see a reset button or reset hole on the back of it?Then you never replied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have checked the unit and no reset button or hole and we have unplugged the unit and it still will not accept the password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Richard did you get my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard are ;you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I was not sure if you had left again and I was offline.What IP address does the device have? What are you using to access it?