Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

Need help with Lenovo access connections problem

Customer Question

need help with Lenovo access connections problem
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer networking professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I will need a little more info please> are you needing help with your Windows 7 computer connecting to a wireless connection?If yes, does the wireless network name appear in the list of available networks on the Lenovo computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. the options for connectivity type are "stuck" on other - I cannot switch to wifi, mobile or wimax so I cant see any wireless network info at all
okay, Thank you.try this first please> press the power button and hold it down for 60 seconds. That will force close all windows and power reset the system settings. Then try connecting again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Am restarting laptop now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not fix the problem. Access Connection options still stuck on other connections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a Lenovo diagnostic for Access Connections?
yes, follow these steps please>1. Verify that the network adapter is being seen by the operating system.Check Microsoft Windows Device Manager and look for an icon that appears as Network Adapters and see if the network card listed in Mini-PCI information table is installed:Right-click the Computer icon on the desktop or from the Start button, and select Manage.Click the on Device Manager in the left pane. Click on the plus sign beside Network adapters to expand the list. Your network card should appear under Network Adapters.Note: If the card has a exclamation mark over a yellow background or is not listed, then this is an indication that the card is experiencing a problem and may need to be re-installed. Go to Driver download in step 4. 2. Verify that the radio is enabled.It is possible to disable the transmitter of the wireless card without Device Manager showing any problems.Note: Follow the instructions provided to enable wireless card.Most systems come with a Wireless Radio switch to disable the wireless radios. The wireless radio switch is usually located on the front or side of the machine. If you are having difficulties with wireless connections, make sure the Wireless Radio switch is set in the On position.Other systems do not have a physical hardware switch, but instead have a software switch. Press Fn+F5 together and a menu should appear, make sure that the Master Control is set to On and expand the individual controls and ensure that the 802.11/WiFi is turned on.Some wireless cards will put an icon in the system tray (the line of icons in the lower right corner of your screen). Right click this icon and it may have a menu option to enable/turn on the wireless radio.