Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have a Gateway Model SX2110G - The wireless has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a Gateway Model SX2110G - The wireless has stopped working. It's connected to an Ethernet cable now in my office. My son's Gateway & my wife's Acer (both on wireless) have been working nonstop for at least a year. I am using a Cisco router & Cisco connectors (antennas ?) I tried switching connectors. They both work on The Acer. Not even a flashing light on the Gateway. I am a very slow typist!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why my card isn't working - it just did to sign up I've also reapplied the info
Thank you for the update.How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i'm on it now
You can continue once you accept the additional service request for the remote session.Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://74.208.221.55/?Session=8bd16a25-6a24-4689-9afa-94bcef3724c6
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.Thank you for your time today.- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason - The wireless is still not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***** *****
I see on my first reply the date was 30 April 2015 05:02
Well the date is 1 May 2015 approximately 11:25
I have to shut down this computer now. Call(###) ###-####or I will be able to check my email. Thank you, John
Please, let me know when you are ready to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason - I'm jammed up tonight What are your usual hours? Best time to contact you! John
I am available most hours of the day. I work a good 14 or so hours every day. I will probably be here when you are ready to continue.The computer doesn't see your wireless card at all. This means that the card was either pushed loose or has failed. Please, open your desktop and make sure the wireless card is fully in place and secure. It would be best to remove the card, put it back in, and secure it. After doing that, turn the computer back on and test it.Be sure to unplug the power to the desktop before you open it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I opened the Gateway & the only thing I found in any of the sockets was 1 stick of ram. There is room for another stick of ram. There are also an empty black socket about 3 1/2 to 4 inches long and an empty white socket about 1 inch long.
D1F-AD is the number of the mother board. No sign of any pieces inside the case. That's all I have. It was suggested to me a reset of the OS 8 might take care of it. ??????????????? If so - I wouldn't know where to start. John
I am not referring to the memory/ram sticks. I am referring to the pci boards on the computer. If there are no wireless cards in the computer, then I am not sure how you were ever able to connect wirelessly. When was the last time that you were able to connect wirelessly with that computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess it's been about a week now. I had a Cisco Valet connector plugged into the back of the Gateway and up to when it quit it had been operating wireless for over a year with no problems whatsoever. * The mother board is all I see in the case. John
Thank you for the update. When I asked if you were using a wireless adapter or card, that is what I was referring to. May I remote back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's see 26+34+34=$94 dollars you will have received. Can you see why at this point. I'd be a little leery. And Jason, I told you in my first contact with you I was using a Cisco router And Cisco connectors. Check it out!
I am not sure what you are talking about. You have paid $26. For all the work that I have done so far, I have gotten paid $13 dollars for my time, which is half of that $26. To be clear, I have been paid $13 and that is all. That is all.