Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

hi i need a help with installing wireless extender, i have

NETGEAR WN3000RP
when i configure it keep bring me back to configuration page even after i entered everything maybe i m missing something
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Can you try the process again after resetting the extender?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i tried couple time to reset to factory, but every time i enter all information it brings me to start of menu to enter password XXXXX it takes me to start of proccess

and when i restart device looks like it lose all settings

Hi Rasim,

Can you please tell me what start of menu is it?

Is it the website www.mywifiext.net where it takes you?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes that is correct

Rasim,

How do you know if it loses all settings?

Do you mean that once you set it up, you are able to use the extender to browse the internet BUT then when it loses its settings, it doesn't connect to the internet?

Also, how old is the extender?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i tryed multiply times to go with settings, got only two good shots, but then it lost connection to internet, i try to turned of and on, then last time it gives me all this circle steps, i had many routers none gave me this much trouble

Can you confirm if the extender is placed near the router? And normally, how many signals do you get from the router (to the system/laptop/computer) when it's located where the extender is?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

my router and extender has decent distance i still get 2-3bar from original router, and no there are not next to each other

Do you have WPS devices connecting to it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes

Okay, please tell me what the firmware version is for WN3000RP?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i m not sure how to access as admin on this i know log and pass, when i type mywifiext, there is no option for that

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

192.168.1.1 did not give me access to main page

Please reset the extender again, then connect to it.

Then open www.mywifiext.net

Then on the left side of the menu, Click Firmware Update.

You should be able to see "what the version is".

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

when you say reset on and off or reset to factory, and picture you have it nothing close that i have seen on this one manu on this one was different to which i can not access now, it will take me at the end of proccess but so far i can not get connected to internet, program, netgear ginie not smat wizard

Hi Rasim,

Please see the image below:

Identify the reset button, then using a paper clip or pin, press and hold the button for 10 seconds to reset it.

Also, tell me when was this purchased?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok, you want me to rest it to factory

i bought it used but it is almost new, i would say this is new device

Yes, please reset it to factory settings.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok, then what after reseting, mywifiext.net page?

After resetting, connect your laptop to the extender using an ethernet wire.

Once done, let me know if you are then able to open www.mywifiext.net.

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i m able to open it also with wifi so cable, i ll go with cable

We need to upgrade the firmware, so we need to use cable. No Wifi.

Also, you can connect to it with cable after you download the firmware because you need internet access to download the firmware.

Please Click Here

Download the firmware, make sure you remember the location where you saved the firmware, then disconnect (wifi to router) from laptop.

Connect to extender using cable,

Log in to the device using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.mywifiext.net.

Click Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade

Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.

Click Upload.

While the firmware is loading, do not interrupt the upgrade process.

Once done, reconfigure the extender.

Let me know the results.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i can get to page maintenance, as i can not complete setting extender configuration it takes in in circles

Do you mean that you can get to Maintainance Page, but cannot complete firmware upgrade?

Did you download the firmware from the netgear site?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok my firmware on device actually V1.0.1.36_1.1.47 you recommend to change it, can you confirm that?

That is the latest firmware, did you change it already after following my instructions OR was it there by default?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

it was there by default, the one on website, see below

WN3000RP Firmware Version 1.0.1.18

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

so I'll just keep it original one

I have checked both, the new one is here Click Here and it seems like the new one is not stable, which is why you are experiencing issues.

Therefore, please download the older firmware which i gave in the link above (1.0.1.18) then load that firmware, and reconfigure.

We can always switch between new/old, but what we need is a stable firm to avoid disconnection issues.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

it failed does, when i try to update to firmware the one that you sent

Does it gives any message?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

message: firmware upgrate failure, pls chk your file, i can try mybe to download again same file

Please try that, download the file again.

The format of the file is .chk

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i tried again did not helped

below file name:

WN3000RP-V1.0.1.18_1.1.24.chk

Rasim,

We have tried almost everything.

Seems like the device is defective, but one last thing to test.

Configure the extender again to connect with router, then have the extender placed, next to the router to rule out possibility of signals issue.

Check the results, if it still does the same thing.

Also, if this was purchased from a shop, can this be returned to get a replacement?

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

thank Kamil, I'll try that my last question, is this normal i lose setting and wants me go to first set up to configure again this device, seems like it does not hold settings when power down

Thanks Rasim,

This issue is not normal and it appears that the device is defective.

I do not see it being a software issue.

A normal device should hold settings when powered down, i had this device ages ago and i always used to be changing its position (from one place to another), it never lost the settings.

I would advise you to return this for a replacement.

Thanks

Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.