Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I am trying to deploy a voip telephone system. I need to open

I am trying to deploy a voip telephone system. I need to open ports on my router/firewall. I have done this, but only some of them are actually opened. I am using canyouseeme.org to check if the ports are open. The ports that are not opened are 2222, 5060-5069,5037, 4569, 5223 and 69. I have tried 2 routers with the same results. Can you help?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

The tool is not very reliable, so I would not rely on it.

If you have opened the ports by forwarding them to the telephone system, they will be open.

Have you tested that the telephone system is actually working correctly?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. I cannot take a telephone to another network and have it work. Actually, I seem to have data ie: display information from my system, but no audio. The manufacturer assures me that the ports are not opened- how can I prove otherwise?

Do you have a DMZ on the router?

Put the Telephone systems IP in it and it is 100% open

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried 2 different routers on my network and the same ports failed to open on both routers, where 5038 opens but 5037 says closed. 5222 opens yet 5223 says closed, 2020 says opened but 2222 says closed. I put the system's IP in the dmz and now telephones will work on other networks, but I will not know for certain untill I get the manufacturer to connect. Thank you in advance... Regards

ok, strange they were not opening with the port forward, but a DMZ makes it all open for that IP, so that is the 100% sure way to do it.

It will be ok now.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you