Erik B.
Erik B., Network Admin
Experience:  8 Years Experience, MCSE, MCP

Hi, I have a new room that I need to supply an internet

I have a new room that I need to supply an internet connection. I purchased this ethernet cable

The cable is behind a wall and how can i put in a socket. So all i need now is a solution to put the socket. I was looking at something like this which i can connect the cable behind the wall and the other side I can have a new ethernet cable to go to the router.

Let me know if above plan will work well or do i need something like and i have to cut the wire?

Ideally i dont want to cut the ethernet cable and patch it!
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer again! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Your first solution:

will indeed work. No need to cut the cable, however keep in mind that you may need two of these (one in the new room and one near your Internet source) if you want it to look nice on the Internet source side as well.

Let me know if you need any clarification; I will be here. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I just need one at the wall side. The other goes directly into the router already.

Just out of curiosity. Can I make a cheaper one with and a corresponding wall plate. Please let me know if you can give me links to what i need to buy?

I apologize for the delay! Yes you may use this:

coupled with this:

The faceplate will come with a jack as well, but you can discard it and use the one you purchase separately.

In addition you may need a bracket or gang box to anchor the faceplate to:

Hope that helps; let me know if you need anything else!