James, Sr. Network Administrator
Experience:  Highly experienced with wireless networks and wireless equipment, LAN and networking protocols
24111805

Hi James, Saw that you answered the question about forwarding

Hi James, Saw that you answered the question about forwarding a message from an iphone to someone else, etc.... so to clarify, I have an existing message on my iphone that I need to forward to a client,--- super important..... however, I would like to clarify, that- if the message is already existing, the ONLY way to forward is to use the voice record of another iphone, and then play/record/and send on, is that correct? what if I only have my own iphone? my husband does not have an iphone.... thanks ! do I just need to find a friend with an iphone?
Category: Networking
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Hi, and thank you for your question.
There is not way to forward voicemails from an iPhone. Apple did not build this functionality into the voicemail app, and the voicemail app is the only app that can access voicemails.

If you don't have another iPhone you can record to, you can use your computer!
On Windows and on Mac, there is always a voice recorder application.
Simply run it, hit record, play the message from the phone into the computer's microphone, and it will create a sound file with the message, which you can then easily send via email.

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay- thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tell me, on my laptop, it is a Toshiba pc where I might begin to look for the voice recorder? for example, if I go to the start menu or how to find it in general. :)

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Sure!

If you are using Windows 7, click Start, and in the box, type "recorder"
You will see it on the list (Sound Recorder)

You can also find it in Start--All Programs--Accessories--Sound Recorder

Many thanks,

James.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay, found it and recorded the message and tried to open the file and play it, but you could barely hear it even at the highest setting. do you know where the microphone is at? maybe I wasn't holding it in the right place to hear the message? sorry. thanks so much

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
It depends on what kind of computer you have. Can you tell me the make and model?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Toshiba satellite L755

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Your mic is on the top of the screen, right next to the camera.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ahhh it was covered up with original manufacturing plastic piece, maybe that is why it couldn't hear the phone. lol. I have never used it or the camera!

Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
I'm glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service by clicking one of the faces under my answer?

I very much appreciate your patience and business!

Thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Network Administrator
Experience: Highly experienced with wireless networks and wireless equipment, LAN and networking protocols