Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking

Hi, i have a samsung smart tv model# XXXXX it was connected

Hi, i have a samsung smart tv model# XXXXX it was connected to the internet fine up until today, now it says that it is connected to WiFi but does not have access to the internet. Ive tried changing DNS server to, setting a static IP at, and putting the device's MAC address in DMZ, it will not connect to the internet.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the wifi router please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Asus RT-AC56U router

Cisco DPQ3212 modem

Ive factory reset both devices as well as the TV and directly cabled the TV to both devices after resetting them, it connects to the device but not the internet, it also states that it isnt connected to a network at all when trying to open any apps.

Also, Ive tried streaming media from my PC to the TV using samsung's allshare app to confirm it was connected to the network. It gives an error saying the TV isnt connected, but streams the video anyways.

Just to clarify, you get the same problem via Cable as well as wireless correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Correct. Both directly connected to the router and modem.

ok, on the Netgear, is the firewall currently enabled?

Or MAC Filter?

I know you put it in the DMZ but this is more for incoming connections.

Can you check the Netgear and confirm please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Asus* router.

it is enabled but it wasnt an issue prior to today so i tried DMZ instead of disabling it.

Can you as a test disable it,

Also make sure MAC Filtering is not enabled.

Test and let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I disabled the firewall. Enabled and re-dissabled MAC address filtering, no results.

Thanks Shaune.

If you bypass the netgear and go straight to your internet modem, does the TV then get internet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it verifies connection to the modem but does not have internet.

Thanks Shuan

It is the internal network card in the TV that has faulted.

The Netgear could be causing the issue, but we just ruled this out.

You have also ruled out the firmware on the TV by doing the reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have the network adapter replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV is less than a month old, I figured that might be the problem but it still streams media wirelessly from my PC to the TV and has the same problem with internet both wirelessly and wired.

The network card handles all network communications either via wireless or cable.

Streaming wirelessly does not use the actual network card, but the wireless module, which is why it does not detect a connection, but will still steam. It will likely be the memory on the network card faulting and not storing any information eg: IP Address ect.

But we have ruled out all other causes for this Shaun, at the least, a direct connection to your internet modem, would have worked.