Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Does anonymous call rejection work on huawei ft2260?

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First, a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to better meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. Remember, you are rating me personally, not this site or your product and a negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

Nathan :

Hi there, thanks for your question. Call block and anonymous call rejection are possible when using this device.

Nathan :

However, it really isn't a function of the device, but rather a service made available by the carrier.

Nathan :

Alltel for example does allow this functionality when the huawei is used with their service.

Nathan :

You'll likely find though that discount service providers like tracphone will skimp on some of those extra features.

Nathan :

So to summarize, yes it is possible, but dependent on the service provider.

Customer:

Do you know about US Cellular?

Nathan :

If this function is important to you, you should check with your intended carrier before purchasing the device or registering for the service, and especially before committing to any long term contracts.

Customer:

ok, thanks. It is essential

Nathan :

I don't know off the top of my head, as I've never researched their offerings before,

Nathan :

Since this is a landline replacement, even if you couldn't get this service from the carrier,

Nathan :

many telephone systems (at least many newer panasonic cordless systems) will have a built in function to block any calls that come up with missing or restricted caller ID tags.

Nathan :

So that could be a backup plan for you perhaps.

Customer:

ok, thanks for your answer. i have talked to them but they just started carrying it I will get a definite answer before i commit. THAnK YOU

Nathan :

You're very welcome. I'm sorry I can't be more specific on the US cellular policies. I'd rather tell you I'm uncertain though than to guess and end up doing harm to you if they've changed.