Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration

My ipad2 locked up. I hit Reset but now it wants a Network

My ipad2 locked up. I hit Reset but now it wants a Network password. Both Apple and Charter say it's not their problem. I have no idea what the password XXXXX I also have the Apple Airport router. Is this the problem and/or how can I get back to the network.
Greetings and welcome to Justanswer.

Both Apple and Charter are correct. What your ipad has lost is the wireless security password XXXXX reconnect to your airport router which we'll need to determine.

There's a couple ways to go about this.

But first, can you tell me if you have any computer that is already connected wireless to the router (we may be able to get the password XXXXX it).

If you do, I need to know if it's Mac OS, or Windows.

If you don't, just let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The browser is Charter. The email is Internet Explorer (fyi) I have a PC connected to the router upstairs and a laptop downstairs. Not having trouble with either.

The laptop is the one we want. Basically, what we're going to do is run a tool on it to determine what the current wireless password XXXXX

Once we know, then you will use that wireless password XXXXX the Ipad and it should be able to connect to your network again.

Click this link:

Download that file and then open/run it. It's a zip so you'll have to open the file in it called wireless key view. You'll need to do this from your laptop. If you're not talking to me from your laptop, to do this from your laptop simply go to the website

And type in this number to locate the file I need you to get: 309010

Once it's open you'll see the wireless networks your laptop knows. Locate YOUR wireless network (the one the ipad sees and the one your laptop is currently connected to) on the right of that network you'll see the current password.

That's the password XXXXX ipad wants.

Remember to try my steps and not to rate my assistance until we've achieved the results we're looking for. If you run into trouble or need clarification simply REPLY to me and we'll continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You! That worked. I am so pleased there are great people out there like you.

My pleasure. It's a handle little tool.

Glad I could be of assistance. If you need anything further let me know. If you're all set, you may rate the service I have provided below (the smiley faces).

Have a wonderful day