Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  Basic Networking
63271161

IN our Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Have had trouble accessing the internet

Customer Question

IN our Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Have had trouble accessing the internet it asks for an IP address on the WiFi address. Now I can't get into the operation at all since it asks for a PIN number which was never established. Help
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Does the PIN pop up when you try to connect to wifi only?

Or PIN to unlock your tablet?

How did you reseet to Factory?

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it shows aPIN number request to unlock tablet

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Robert.

That is the Lock code screen. If you did not enter one, we will have to use the Google/Gmail account and password XXXXX unlock.

Do you know the Gmail/Google account used with your tablet?

If yes, we can use it to unlock your tablet. Try to think of a PIN and enter try to unlock your tablet. Enter 20-30 times. Wait if prompted. Try again. Your tablet will ask for Google/Gmail account and password XXXXX unlock. Then you can enter the info to unlock your tablet and use it again.

If still not working, we will have to Factory Reset the tablet by using the buttons.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nick, I don't envy your job. Nothing works so far to open the tab. Don't know agoogle password XXXXX if we even have one. This is a total mess. Really appreciate anything you can do.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Robert,

Then we will have to reset it back to Factory Settings. This reset will erase all data on the tablet. Data on SD card (if there are any) will be SAFE.

Please do the following steps:

1. Hold Power button for 2-3 seconds and select Power off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
  3. When logo appears on the screen release the Power button and continue press the Volume Up button.
  4. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
  5. Select Yes — delete data.
  6. Finally, select Reboot system now.
  7. Your tablet will reboot and go through setup steps.
  8. Setup, connect to wifi, and download your apps again from Google Play Store.

You might not get it to the Recovery menu first time. Shutdown and try again.

If this method did not work or you need more help, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

You won"t believe this, the tab is downloading a bunny something and will not let me do anything with it I guess it is done

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Robert,

Were you be able to go through the steps to reset and setup/connect to wifi? If yes, your tablet is downloading from server. Please wait. When it is done, you will be able to use it normally again.

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The steps did not become available only the download. I'll wait a while to see where it goes from here.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Robert,

You can wait until the download is finished. If still not working or the download is still stuck, hold Power and Volume Up for about 10 seconds. You will be able to reset as I outlined earlier.

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nick I'm still here Had the reboot proceduere on scccreen and lost it havinng trouble getting it back keep getting a caution item in reference to an OS download that requires pressing the volume up button to cancel which I think throws off the access procedureto reboot

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Robert,

You can try the procedure I gave you 2-3 times. See if it will keep reboot while in Recovery Mode or not.

If not working, please go to www.samsung.com/us/Kies to download and install Kies 3 on your computer. Then connect your tablet to computer and run the Software Update.

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thx Nick for a damn good job I think I can get it going with all the information you've given me. In thee event I have to go the Kies 3 route I am assuming I'll to get wiring to hook tab to computer. Don't get envoolved in details of this stuff any more and what I did know I have forgotten a long time ago. I have the tab on the charger at the moment so I'll be a while getting back into this

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
You are welcomed Robert.

Please try and let me know how it went. In case nothing worked, we can try to manually update the firmware.

Is your tablet less than a year? Or over a year old?

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Less than a year old.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
That's great!

Please try with Kies and use the procedure I gave you to reset your tablet. If nothing worked, you can always call Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864. I know this is bothersome however, this is the best way to go about this problem. They should be able to arrange a replacement tablet sending to you.

With all the reset we did, this most likely the Software is corrupted. This process will take about 7-10 business days. I have helped many customers having tablet problems and they reported that Samsung Support were fast in exchanging their tablets.

Please bookmark this page. You can come back for follow-up questions. I will be happy to answer your questions. Kindly rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Nick
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience: Basic Networking
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nick Am back into the tab still can't get on line. The wifi connection is asking for a password which I don't have and don't know how to establish one. Anyway with your instruuctions I got into the tab

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Robert,

Please check to see if the router has any label with key or WPA/WPA2 PSK. That is the wifi password you can enter on your Galaxy tablet.

If not working, you can get it from a computer which has wifi. Do you have any computer that is connected to wifi? If yes, is it using Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP?

Nick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Got into some info that I had for the modem and used the security. It worked so far. Thx again Nick you did a great job. How do I contact you down the road if I ever have a problem again?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 10 months ago.
Excellent Robert. Glad I could help.

You can save this URL and come back to ask me a question. I can assist you with computer, tablets, phones, printers, and more.

Have a great day!

Nick