Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Please help me with drawing an arrow in MS Word 2010. Im writing

Customer Question

Please help me with drawing an arrow in MS Word 2010. I’m writing a chemical equation. I go to Insert Shapes , and click on the Arrow. I then drag the arrow to the appropriate length (shift for angle, control for length). I do not see how to change the width of the arrow or to change the color of the arrow. At present, the default is a blue arrow, but I want a black arrow. The line width is very small. I need a drawing toolbar.

Found Drawing tools at top. Wider line was black.

Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

To change multiple lines, click the first line, and then press and hold CTRL while you click the additional lines.

1. Under SmartArt Tools, on the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click the arrow next to Shape Outline.

The Shape Styles group on the Format tab under SmartArt Tools
The Format tab under SmartArt Tools.

If you do not see the SmartArt Tools or Format tabs, make sure that you selected a SmartArt graphic. You might have to double-click the SmartArt to open the Format tab.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Select a color from Theme Colors or Standard Colors. Standard are not changed when you change the file theme.

TIP To customize your line even further, click More Outline Colors, and then select the exact shade and transparency that you want. Custom colors are also not change when you change the file theme.

• Click Weight, and then select a width for the line., or click More Lines to specify your own width.
  • Click Dashes, and then select a line style from the list, or click More Lines to create your own style.
  • Click Arrows, and then select an arrow head from the list, or click More Arrows to customize the arrow.

TIP Use dotted lines in a hierarchy or radial diagram to show different types of relationship.

Apply an effect to a line

1. Select the line within the SmartArt graphic.

1. Under SmartArt Tools, on the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click the arrow next to Shape Effects.

The Format tab under SmartArt Tools.

1. Select an effect from the list.
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Great! SmartArt tools was what I was looking for. Thanks.
Rate

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
Please rate this answer as EXCELLENT and press SUBMIT so that I am compensated and the question is marked as answered