comp_audio
comp_audio, Consultant
Experience:  20+ years experience working in many different networking environments, and I am eager to help you.
44312836

I have Wi-Fi computer and printer. They are not communicating

I have Wi-Fi computer and printer. They are not communicating and I can't print. Printer number is XXXXX and some other number is101220-004587.

This is 2nd cry for help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

comp_audio :

Hello, my name isXXXXX would like to try and assist you today. Can you tell me please if you have your computer and printer connected to a wireless router in your home?

Customer:

Yes.

comp_audio :

Okay, good. Are you able to verify that the printer is connected? Usually there would be a blue light on indicating this. But it can vary by make and model.

Customer:

What is comp_audio?

comp_audio :

That is my call sign here. Like a username so to speak.

comp_audio :

It stands for computer and audio. I love working on computers and creating custom audio boxes for cars sound systems.

Customer:

It is connected to the wall plug and to the router

comp_audio :

Can you tell me what the Brand and Model are of the printer?

Customer:

Printer is an Epson-Artisian 800

comp_audio :

Okay. Do you have it connected via WiFi or direct cable?

Customer:

It is connected by the blue cord directly to the router.

comp_audio :

Okay, that is great. Then it is connected by network cable directly to your router, and your computer, is this also connected by a network cable or wifi?

Customer:

By we-fi.

Customer:

Oops. Wi-Fi.

comp_audio :

LOL, no problem.

comp_audio :

Okay, and are you using the same computer to talk to me here?

comp_audio :

Also are you using Windows 8 or MAC OS?

Customer:

Using the same computer to chat, I have windows 8.

comp_audio :

Okay great. Please tell me if you have ran through Epson's online troubleshooting tool yet?

Customer:

NO.

comp_audio :

Would you like to try that now?

Customer:

yes

comp_audio :

Okay, please follow through with that and report back to me what the results are. Thanks in advance.

Customer:

I printed out the Epson status sheet but not from the computer.

comp_audio :

So we have concluded that the printer is working on its own. That is good. On the status sheet does it tell you what the IP address is for the printer?

Customer:

Yes. It is192.168.1.2

comp_audio :

Okay, are you positive that it is the IP of the printer? Many times routers use .1.2.

comp_audio :

If it is indeed the IP of the printer are you familiar with how to install a printer using IP? If not I can send you the instructions. It will just take me a couple minutes to get them typed up for you.

Customer:

Under (TCP/IP) is:

Customer:

Get IP address Auto, IP address 192.168.1.2, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, default getaway 192.168.1.1 etc

comp_audio :

Okay, Good work.

comp_audio :

Here are the directions for installing the printer by using the IP address.

comp_audio :

How to install a Standard TCP/IP Printer on Windows 8?

Suitable for: Wireless Print Servers, Wired Print Servers
Note: Before the installation, please make sure the printer works fine if it is connected to computer directly with a usb cable.

Step 1
Please move your mouse to the right corner and you will see Search. Click it and search Control Panel.
Step 2
Go to Control Panel->Hardware and Sound page, and click Advanced printer setup.
Step 3
A window will pop out to search the printers automatically, please ignore it and click Next button.
Step 4
Please Select Add a Printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, click Next.
Step 5
Please select Custom and click Settings.
Step 6
Please type the IP address of your Printer in Hostname or IP address.
Step 7
Select the correct driver for your printer. If you can’t find the model of your printer, please connect your printer to PC with USB cable and install the driver first. Click Next.
Step 8
Click Next.
Step 9
Click Finish.

comp_audio :

Please give this a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks

Customer:

step 1 thru 5 are obscured and I can't make the screen go up.

comp_audio :

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5

comp_audio :

Is this okay?

Customer:

Search contains Apps, settings, files, internet, and all of the icons. No control panel.

comp_audio :

click the search icon and type in control panel

Customer:

Both are connected to a router.

Customer:

Matt: yes connected to wireless router in my home. Tes

comp_audio :

Have you tried connecting the printer to the computer with a usb cable to verify it works that way?

Customer:

Yes.

comp_audio :

And it worked fine that way?

comp_audio :

Let me know if printing from the USB worked as it should? If so then just changing the port in the printer properties will work.

comp_audio :

Hello, I am wanting to know if you are still needing assistance with this issue?

Customer:

I had to get a computer specialist to come to the house an fix th apps on the computer for the printer to work.

Customer:

Next question: I have a seller to seller (owner carry) real estate loan on rental property. Not backed by FHA, VA, or any lending company. I want to re-finance with a lending company but the property value is now $125,000, and the mortgage is $160,000. I don't qualify for HARP. How can I re-finance at a lower interest rate without putting $50,000 or $60,000 into it?

comp_audio, Consultant
Experience: 20+ years experience working in many different networking environments, and I am eager to help you.