Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect

My daughter loaded Facebook as an app and now my tablet requests

My daughter loaded Facebook as an app and now my tablet requests a password. Is this a generic problem or is there a factory pre-set password. I have never had a password XXXXX it and I use it on wifi.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Is the password XXXXX are being asked for on the tablet itself (WiFi), or is it when you try to connect to facebook?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is on the tablet itself on wifi - would it be the wifi modem password ?

Neville, yes... this would be the Wifi password XXXXX you use when you connect any other device to your wireless router.

If you are having a problem, however, you might need to restart the tablet. The reason is that tablets do not normally "restart" when they are turned off... they only hibernate. To restart the tablet, hold the power button until you see the option to restart and then select that. When it starts back up, you can try connecting again. If it still doesn't connect with the WiFi password, then you can restart the wireless router by removing the power from it, waiting a few seconds and then plugging it back in.

If neither of these work, there are other steps we can take, so just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike - as I am at work and will not get home for 6 hours - I will have to try and reconnect the tablet at that time. Many thanks for your information.

OK, Neville. If you have any questions, you can always get back to me when you are doing it. Just reply to me here.

Please remember to rate my level of service when you have a moment. Thank you!