Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Until last evening my Kindle Fire had no trouble connecting

Until last evening my Kindle Fire had no trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi here in my home--all computers in the house are working, but my Kindle now says it cannot connect to the internet. I have tried putting in the Wi-Fi code over and over. Now what??
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

What is the message you get when you put in the code for the router?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that the connection has failed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

I would first like you to remove the power from the wifi router Kathryn and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting, hold the power on the Kindle to off for 30 seconds, then release.

Then plug in the power into the wifi router and wait 5 minutes for it to start.

Turn on the Kindle and tell me please if it now connects correctly.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wifi router is downstairs in my husband's study....and he has a billion other wires in the same area. (It is not like when I lived alone and knew all my wiring!!) Both my pc and his are working fine and he is gone to a mtg. Sooo I cannot plug/unplug any of his thousand wires to do what you suggest. When he comes home we will try it. Thank you for trying to help me.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but you just need to unplug the one power cable to it Kathryn

Let me know how it goes when you do this, but it is nearly always this issue.

So just follow my procedure when you can to get this fixed.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking