Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

My broadband connection keeps dropping and reconnecting, about

My broadband connection keeps dropping and reconnecting, about once every hour or so. It takes about a minute for the connection to re-establish. I suspect the problem might be due to either my ISP (i.e. TalkTalk) or my router. (Everything goes down, hardwire connections and wireless).

Is there a releative straightforward way of my determinging if it is my ISP or my router that is causing the problem? I suppose I could try switching routers to see if the probem goes away, but is there an easier method?
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and i will do my best to assist you.

When you say it drops, does the wireless disconnects on your computer or does it stay connected?

Also, can you run a test by Clicking Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mean that the internet connection drops when using wired devices (e.g. my desktop computers or Xbox that are all conntected to the router by ethernet cables) and when using wireless devices (i.e. laptops, tablets). So it is not a problem with wireless, it's a problem with getting a connection to the internet. That is, the problem is likely to be either poor service from my ISP or my router could be starting to go bad. Is there an easy way to determine which is the problem?

Did you run the test by Clicking on the link above where it says (Click Here).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it always says that there is no problem.

And what happens to DSL/Broadband light on the modem, when the connection drops?

Does it blinks or stays stable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know. I'll have to wait for it to happen again and report back to you.

Based on experience this appears to be a problem with TalkTalk as many other users of TalkTalk have experienced the same.

I will wait for you to report back with results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. May be later today that I can get back to you.

No worries. I'll be waiting. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When the connection drops (which it just did twice in the five minutes), the DSL light goes out and then starts to blink green before becoming solid green when the connection gets established again.

This appears to be a problem with talktalk, i would suggest you to speak to talktalk to fix it and plan on switching to BT and let them put their BT Home HUB.

When talktalk was tiscali, it was very good soon as it became talktalk, it became a mess. (slow speeds, downtime, etc)

Long term and reliable solution would be to switch to BT.

And if you can rate my answer that will be highly appreciated.