Brandon M.
Brandon M., System Administrator
Experience:  Currently an IT Manager for law firm. Work with Exchange, Blackberries daily. CAT 5e certified.
12024030

Can I set a timeline when one network can go online, say, between

Can I set a timeline when one network can go online, say, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.?

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

Yes, you can do this with the Scheduler. Under Advanced, go to Scheduler Rules. You can read more about is on page 235 of the user guide here: ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VSG1435-B101/user_guide/VSG1435-B101_1.1_ed1.pdf

Customer:

it doesn't allow me to open the link, all I get is an intranet thing (I suck at computers) and....

Customer:

I'm also trying to find out when the child's ipod (actually a iphone 4 with no cell service) is going online. I know it is nighttime when they are supposed to be sleeping. Is there a way I can differentiate between the "ipod" and the husband's iphone 4 being online?

Brandon M. :

How about from here: http://ge.tt/7PWPDEt/v/0?c

Customer:

I can see the user guide with this link, but is there much difference between the 1435 and 1432 because this user guide is for 1435

Brandon M. :

And yes, if you look at the network map, each device will have a separate name.

Brandon M. :

No, there is no major difference that I am aware of.

Customer:

How would I know which device is what, specially if the child doesn't give up the ipod to be able to see what it would be. I'm unclear on how to figure which one is which on the network. I think they are both just listed as "Apple" or something like that.

Customer:

The child and husband are usually on at the same time and I don't want to restrict the husband lol

Customer:

All of my devices are named; ipad, iphone, mac, two desktops, etc. I think their are just numbers or, like I said, Apple. Is there a way on the husband's iphone 4 to get the "numbers" for finding out which one is his and thus the child will be the other one that's on that network?

Customer:

Like I said, I suck at computers and know nothing about any of this stuff. I have a specialized programme that I run and even that is debatable sometimes if it works for me : )

Customer:

Um, you still there, Brandon? I have never done this so am unsure of protocol and the like.