Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking

some videos are not playing correctly on my pc...audio not

some videos are not playing correctly on my pc...audio not in sync with video...
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

I want to first rule out register or data corruption as the problem.

do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, Run, type in CMD and press enter

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Than try a video and tell me if it now plays correctly please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did as you said...the audio/video seems to be a little more in sync...but videos are choppy...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Where are you playing these videos from? Disk or Hard Drive?

Did you make the videos, or download them?

Did they work originally on this computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
these are videos from emails, which take me to websites containing videos [they are guitar lessons videos]...some originally were working fine...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Which Internet Browser are you using?

eg: Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm using Chrome...was using mozilla firefox, but had nothing but problems, so switched to Chrome per justanswers expert's advice...I tried also to use Internet Explorer, but for some reason there is a lot of adware popping up preventing me from using it...
I have also ran spyware, malware and virus protection scans without any help to problem
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok, click Start, type in

%temp%

Press enter

Delete all files and folders listed there.

Once done, restart the computer and tell me if the Films now play ok.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I assume after clicking 'start' you mean for me to type '%temp%' in the 'run' window
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I though you had windows 7

Yes, Start, Run and type it there and press enter please Ronald.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did as you said, but it wouldn't let me delete most of the files and folders
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
No problem, just do as many as it will allow

Then restart and tell me how the videos now run please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
seems to be somewhat better, but could be a little smoother
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Can you try it in Internet Explorer?

It can be optimise to play in this.

But first clean internet explorer

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and try the video

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll try, but as I said above IE has several adware popups that are causing me problems...

p.s.
the videos that I'm talking about were recorded with 'VIMEO'...if that tells you anything pertinent...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
It does, but what I have you do in IE should remove the popups.

Let me know how you go.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, did as you said for IE...tried videos and they were back to the way they were before...audio and video out of sync, and choppy...
as for previous IE, I had AOL as homepage, and that was where I was seeing adware popups...now that IE/MSN is homepage, no adware/popups...

still problem with videos
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Can you give me the link to one of them please?

As the videos themselves can be the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to figure out how...it's a members only site[I have to 'sigin' to access videos]...not sure how to send you link, if I even can...only thing I can think of is you might remotely access my pc then view video?...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Good thinking

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
796-868-627
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Please let me know the results of how the videos now play.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
video is better...
will you tell me what it was that you did? Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Yes, I cleared all cache, you also had a lot of background processes that were draining the performance of the PC, which I suspended.

Not only are the videos better, the computer will be running as optimal as possible Ronald, so overall it is now better.

But this is as fast as we will be able to get it.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking