Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

Hi. We have a router from Comcast that keeps dropping the wifi.

Hi. We have a router from Comcast that keeps dropping the wifi. What is the best router we can get for the Comcast cable and that will stream netflix as our Roku used to do? Thanks

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your comcast router? Have you tried to disconnect the power cord from the router for a few minutes, then reconnect, and check?

Does this issue affect all wireless/wi-fi devices? Does wired connection work fine?

Any router should work with comcast, but I recommend the linksys / cisco brand, like below; it will stream netflix well:

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Where is the model number? I see 3462 and a bunch of P/N numbers on the bottom , unpluggling doesn't help. Will the comcast remote work with this router? Is it common for comcast routers to crap out? Why does my iphone go from wifi to 3G on its own?

no....spmetimes MY iphone goes off wifi and my partners stays on....

Why doesnt comcast replace a bad router for free?

You're welcome. A comcast router model could be SMCD3DNV, or TG852G, etc. You can see a list at

Do you mean the router must be on in order to use the remote? Is this remote for cable TV? Was the remote given to you from comcast? If you turn off the router, does the remote work? If the remote requires the router, then you would need to get the replacement router from comcast as it's specialized for comcast cable.

Do you mean only your iPhone's Wi-Fi has issue? If that's the case, then try: Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iphone for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit,
, then go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. Then go to Settings, Wi-Fi, then reconnect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Also, make sure your iPhone software is updated:

If you do not rent the router from Comcast, then like most companies, when Comcast gave you or sold you the router, the product warranty usually expires after one year.

Also, is wired / cable connection (not wi-fi/wireless) working fine on the router?

Thank you,