Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have installed a N300 wireless router to my computer to get

I have installed a N300 wireless router to my computer to get wi-fi but still no wi-fi connention. please help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please exactly where it goes wrong with getting wifi?

Are you getting a specific error?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I turn on my tablet all 1 get is time and date. And message no internet connection.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the Tablet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MID Model M729 android tablet PC android 4.0

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Courtney

Go to Settings, Wireless and Networks.

There you can select on your wireless network and connect to it.

Are you able to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I touch settings and nothing happens.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is the tablet responding at all to any Touch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It just let me into settings Itried to turn on but it turns off as soon as i release touch

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I know it is not clear, but it the below video will giode you on how to do this to make sure you are doing it correctly

Click Me To View

Can you follow this and tell me if you still get stuck please Courtney?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry it did nothing cannot understand audio

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, you just need to press where he presses on the screen.

We will do it together in steps

first, go to Settings, then tell me when you see wifi please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i see it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, press it and tell me what you see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to see available networks turn wi-fi on

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, turn it on please. You press Wifi to do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is my problem it willnot turn on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, hold the power button for 6 seconds till a menu shows.

Choose Power off.

Then turn it on and tell me if it will now turn on please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have turned it off and on . iAM AT SETTINGs wi fi off still will not turn on. please call me XXXXXXXXXX at wits end if you cannot help me refund my credit card charge.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot call sorry, but we need to do a factory reset as it is going to either be the firmware or the actual Wifi Antenna that has fauled.

The reset will remove all data and return the device to new, but there is no way to avoid this.

Go to Settings, Privacy and look for Factory Reset.

If you do not see it, go to Settings, Storage, and press Factory Reset.

Run this and when completed you will need to setup the device like you did when you first received it.

Once setup, try to turn on wifi and if it still fails then we know the actual Antenna has faulted.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking