Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking

My Kindle is refusing to connect to my Wi-Fi network even after

My Kindle is refusing to connect to my Wi-Fi network even after I enter my wireless password account Ross Jennings
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you sure you are using the correct password ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the one password XXXXX tried is the network key on the back of my router in upper case

the other i tried was on my home network as the password - not sure whether I got the upper and lower case sequence right - Ed3pc3X4q8 - i only used upper case for the E and X

Which do you think is the right password XXXXX use - the network key all in upper case or the latter one ?

Ross, not sure which one is correct. But I will help you to find it out. Do you have any Windows PC connected to your wireless network ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What version of Windows are you using on it ? Windows XP, 7 or 8?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We can get the correct wireless password XXXXX the Windows 7 PC connected the Wireless Network. There are different ways to get the password XXXXX your PC. Follow the steps below to get the Wireless Password XXXXX

• Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen (left of the clock)
    • From the list of networks, right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
    • Then click on the Security tab.graphic
    • Then click the box at Show characters.

This will show the password XXXXX the text box. Use that password XXXXX connect your Kindle to your network.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my icons don't agree with yours but i eventually got a password XXXXX is the same as the Ed---- one I gave you above
Does your Kindle connect to other wifi network ?

We can try to reset your router and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the reset button (or hole) on the back of the router for 5 seconds. This will soft reset your router. Then after 5 minutes, try connecting your Kindle to your network using the password XXXXX got from your PC.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have done that will try again in 5 minutes kindle is an apple product my pc is not is thi sthe problem - my kindle has been working until now ?

Ross, Kindle is not an Apple product. Kindle is a product from Amazon, not from Apple.

Any way it doesn't matter, your Kindle should work with the network. Reset the router and then connect your Kindle. If that didn't work, then please try your Kindle with other wifi network and see if it connects. That should tell us whether the problem is with the Kindle or with the network and help us to move to the right direction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the kindle is only listing one network now and that is not my home one - it was listing 3 just now also not including my home one - can we end now as I have guests and have run out of time will try again when it lists - as we haven't yet solved the problem I don't want to pay as yet not your fault - the Kindle's .if it works will pay so please keep my email address and contact me later regards XXXXX XXXXX

Yes Ross, we can continue later. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me any time you want.

You don't have to pay me now Ross. Only pay after we solved the problem.

Take Care,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It worked after a second reset with the router network key as the password. Thank you .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i replied ,you stated you answered but i didn't get your answer and its showing my reply below

Hi Ross, sorry for the delay. Had to go offline since it was very late in here. I'm glad you got it worked. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask me.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,