Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist

I have just recd a Nikon coolpix S9500 for My birthday & dont

I have just rec'd a Nikon coolpix S9500 for My birthday & don't know how to hook up the wi-fi.
We are going on a cruise & would very much like to use this while we are away.
can you help?

Hi,My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Nikon CoolPix.

To connect to WiFi with your camera<>Press the multi selector to select the Wi-Fi network and then press the OK button.Select On and press the OK button.•SSID and the password XXXXX displayed.•When Auth./encryp. is set to Open (default setting),the password XXXXX XXXXX displayed.•If no connection confirmation is received from the smart device within 3 minutes, the setting returns to Off
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not Have my camera with me , but will try it when I get home to see if it works.

where do the picuters go to ? to my email?

The WiFi feature is used to connect to your smartphone, either Android or iPhone. The camera is then controlled by the remote app on the smartphone(you can get the App from Google Play Store or the iPhone App store, search for Wireless Mobile Utility, then install to your phone. All the pictures taken through the remote app can be sent to your phone from the cameras memory card. The memory card must be installed in the camera for this feature to work.