Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Support Specialist
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist

Hi ,I dropped my Kindle (version 4.1.1) and immediately

Hi , I dropped my Kindle (version 4.1.1) and immediately it stopped connecting to my wireless at home but for 3 weeks I was able to connect to wireless at office. Now it has stopped connecting to wireless at office. I've tried turning it off from the settings.

Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX am sorry to hear that happened.
I will assist you with your Kindle. Please try this,

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password XXXXX the onscreen keyboard. Make sure that you enter the uppercase (CAPITAL) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection will fail.
  • If you need help locating your password XXXXX me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get "Available Wi-Fi Networks (0)" and "Network: not connected"

I am very sorry that happened, unfortunately this sounds like an internal hardware failure. Most likely the wireless radio antenna connection on the inside broke loose.
The only way you will be able to use it is to get it repaired or you can download your books to your computer and then transfer via USB to the Kindle.

You can transfer a variety of content from a Windows or Mac computer to your Kindle Fire through a USB cable (sold separately), including music, videos, photos, and documents. When your Kindle Fire is plugged into your computer, it will appear as a removable mass-storage device.

Note: Personal content transferred to your Kindle Fire is only stored on your device and not stored in the Amazon Cloud.

System Requirements

• Windows-based: Windows 2000 or later.
  • Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.6 running on Intel-based hardware (and AIR version 3.3.x)
  • USB port: An available port or an attached USB hub with an available port.

Downloading Kindle content from your Kindle Library to your computer

If you have already purchased the book, magazine or newspaper you wish to transfer to your Kindle Fire via USB, visit Manage Your Kindle and locate the item you want to download from the "All Items" section. Filter your view for or search your library to quickly find an item.

Content purchased from the Kindle Store can be downloaded to your Kindle, or Kindle compatible device, as long as you've registered the device to the Amazon account that purchased the Kindle content. There is no limit on the number of times eligible Kindle content title can be downloaded to a registered Kindle device, but there may be limits on the number of devices (usually 6) that can simultaneously use a single book. Note that Kindle active content is not currently available for Kindle Fire.

1. Click on the "Actions" button beside the title and select "Download & transfer via USB."

2. Select the device you will transfer the file to and click the "Download" button.

If you haven't yet purchased the item, you can choose "Transfer via Computer" when purchasing it from the Kindle Store, then click "Buy now with 1-Click."

Description: Select Download via USB while purchasing

If you have more than one Kindle device registered to the account, you will see a pop-up window asking you to choose a device. If you do not select the correct Kindle device, you will be unable to open the content on that device.

3. Once you've successfully saved the file onto your computer, proceed to Transferring content via USB for further instructions.
Experience: Information Technology Specialist