IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have AOL Desktop 9.7. My desktop has Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have AOL Desktop 9.7. My desktop has Windows 7 Home Premium. For several days, when I tried to use broadband on any of my files to connect to the Internet, the tool bar indicator shows no access. However, when I use dial-up to reach AOL through 9.7, the indicator displays access. But this changes when I sign-off on 9.7 back to no access. The indicator is an icon of a monitor screen with a plug or pitchfork symbol, located on the tool bar on my right. I think this software is interferring with my broadband access when I am not signed in. Recently, I had Support.com check this problem out and I was told that the Desktop 9.7 software could be interferring. My e-mail isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I would appreciate an answer. Thanks.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

If you are experiencing problems with AOL Desktop 9.7, I suggest uninstalling it and installing a newer version of AOL Desktop - 10.1.

Click on THIS LINK to download it.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I have to use dial-up for downloading 10.1, I am experiencing extremely slow speed on downloading. I have to download through 9.7. This is so slow that 9.7 shuts down due to inactivity. Each time, I have to start downloading again. So far, since 10:38 PM last night, I have only been able to download 47% of thw 10.1. Can you send me the software on a DVD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I uninstalled 9.7, I lose my dial-up connection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8/30/2013 11:52 A.M.- Unstalling the Desktop 9.7 didn't correct the issue of accessing through broadband. In deleting the 9.7, the Desktop 10.1 was also deleted. For now, the broadband is functioning. I downloaded Desktop 9.7 from AOL. I'm thinking it could be an intermittent internal hardware problem. For now, I don't want to re-download 10.1

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again! Sorry for the delay, I was away from the computer.

Sorry, I am not allowed to send you any CD/DVD. If you are on dial-up, I think it could take an hour or so to fully download AOL Desktop 10.1.

Even though it might be a slow download, it shouldn't stop or time-out. You can try again - restart your computer, exit all running programs and let it download AOL Desktop 10.1.

I think you should be able to resume download if it gets interrupted.

However, I see that you reported that the broadband was working. Please use it to download AOL Desktop 10.1.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional