Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

my sony bdp5100s says it has a network and internet connection

my sony bdp5100s says it has a network and internet connection in the settings menu, but when I click on Netflix or anything else it says "checking for internet connection" and goes back to the main menu. I recently replaced my modem/wireless router but it works with all my other devices. Am I missing something in the connection setup?
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your router? Does your home network have a new name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

netgear n600, network does have a new name which I used in the blu ray player set-up

Ok, that's a decent router, and it's compatible with the player. I think it's seeing the router, but not identifying the internet access. Larry, is your old router still plugged in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Ok, that sounds like there is a setting in your router, but I'm not a network expert, so I'm going to send you to that category. My guess is it's your DNS settings, but I want another expert to help you that knows more about those settings.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks Rusty

Hey there.....Try running an IPCONFIG.....or ping your gateway.

If you CAN get to, or any site, its a software issue. i'm sure you have rebooted both the router and PC at this point....

See if you can ping the router, then google.com

Start, Menu, CMD, ipconfig/all
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience: Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
Thanks for the feed back man, let me know if i can help more.