Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking

Hi I recently installed a new wifi router and the internet

Hi I recently installed a new wifi router and the internet seems to work fine....but i am having the following issues.

1. When i log into my VPN it seems to discounect every 5 min

2. When i am downloading it will stop after 5 min or so and i have to restart it

3. When i am playing online gaminig, i get the msg that i have lost my connection after 5 min or so..

Any ideas what could be casuing this?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of tour wifi router?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Richard it is D-Link Dir-865L

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you John,

All your problems are related to the same cause which we will find.

First, the common reason for this problem is the wireless channel.

It is easier for me to correct this for you on your computer

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier.

Go to Click Me

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sure Richard no problem, But i am currently on my work computer and it wont allow me to down load program without admin approval so I will change over to my personal computer take me a few mins

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No problem John,

you are though with the problem router now correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok on my personal computer now and yes i am working with the problem router now, i will try to download your program

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

357-688-039

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Logging on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Richard im afraid its still the same, lost the connection on the gaming and down load stops. My brother was suggesting that it might need a upgrade firmware no idea what that is! whats your suggestion?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Can I join again?

Go to Click Me

Click START MEETING

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

just downloading again give me a min or so

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

526-186-544

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Logging on now
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Fixed, but testing to be sure for 1/2 hour

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Still ok John?

Richard, Network Specialist
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Richard, sorry I had left to go out for a while, came back and was still logged into the VPN thats more that 3 hrs so im going to assume you did a great job thanks for your patience and seeing the job thru.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Wow John!!!

thank you so much for the tip, just working with you was nice enough, but this really made my day.

Thank you