Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

i have a Netgear Wireless-N150 Router (WNR1000) and have had

i have a Netgear Wireless-N150 Router (WNR1000) and have had it since 2010. just recently it all of a sudden stopped working. i havent downloaded anything new, or updated anything, no power outages or severe storms in my area. i cant connect my computer or my Wii console (which was able to connect wireless before). im so stumped and not sure if i need to go out to buy a new router or try and fix this problem manually

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

If you plug one of the computers into the Netgear router with a cable, do you get online or even pull and IP address?

May I ask who your Internet service provider is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you are welcome :D... and thank you!

i only have 1 Laptop computer a Gateway NE71B series... i have it connected to the modem by ethernet cable (Charter is my ISP) .. and i do get online (i am now lol) and the cmd prompt screen shows an ip address for it.. BUT.. when i have the modem connected to my netgear router it shows an internet connection on my router but my laptop says "limited access" when i pull up the cmd prompt it shows :

Wireless LAN adaptor Local Area Connection * 11:

Media State..................................... : Media disconnected

Connection specific DNS Suffix:

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=e9575163-d0cb-4d00-99a4-471c5272184c

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh no.. what happened?

Unplug the power to the router, please.

Thank you very much.

All is working now.

Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ty so much and hope you have a fantabulous day!! or night whichever it is lol

Thank you.