Sean_A_M, Helpdesk
Experience:  experienced troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections on everything from dialup to fiber optics (FiOS)

no wi-fi connection

no wi-fi connection

Sean_A_M :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you with your networking problem. How can I assist you today ?

Hi, I tried to answer with chat but it was having trouble.

I would need some more info:

are you trying to connect to a wifi that your device has connected to before ? Is this a computer ? tablet ? cell phone ? Is there any possibility of the wifi being protected by a password/pass phrase ?

if there a possibly of MAC address filtering being used ?

If there is a password XXXXX I would retype the password, making sure it is the correct password XXXXX CAPS LOCK key is not on.

If mac address filtering is ion the wifi/router then you will not be able to connect unless you are added to an approved list of devices that can connect to the wifi, or until the mac address filtering is turned off on the router. (logging into the router to change security settings would be needed, or possibly a reset (risky without knowing the internet setup for the location)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I connected with my previous kindel from home, but haven't had any luck with my new one.

I would try to make sure that mac address filtering is not turn on.

(Mac address filtering would allow and block individual devices, so unless your new kindle was added to the allowed list it would be blocked)