Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Your guidance in http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/4jv0o-two-netgear-wir

Your guidance in 'http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/4jv0o-two-netgear-wireless-routers-router-connects.html' appears to be the solution to my problem to link 2 routers and enable any user to access either one and subsequently view all other connected clients but I cannot get it to work.

I have Router 1 (Netgear N300 Modem/Router) wired to Router 2 (Netgear N600 dual band router). Router 1 has IP 192.168.0.1 with DHCP active starting at 192.168.0.10. Router 1 has internet access

When I attempt to change the IP on Router 2 to 192.168.0.2 I get the error message "IP address conflicts with WAN IP subnet"

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You need to make sure the LAN IP is not the same segment as the WAN IP.

On the second Router, what you need to do is change first the LAN IP to 192.168.1.1

Then change the WAN IP to 192.168.0.11 (as your DHCP scope is 2-10)

Once done, you should then have it set up correctly.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you