Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  1-100+ Workstations. Simple or complex. Rackmount or simple routers. No problem!
59162784

my bluecat wifi has been blocked , How do I unlock it

JBryan42 :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

JBryan42 :

Is Bluecat the name of your network, or the name of your internet provider?

Customer:

net work

JBryan42 :

Ok. And when you say it is blocked, what do you mean? Does it show on your available networks on your Windows 7 computer?

Customer:

It's on my kindel

JBryan42 :

Ok. But do you also use a Windows 7 computer?

Customer:

Yes

JBryan42 :

Ok, and on that computer does the network show up as available?

Customer:

yes

JBryan42 :

Are you chatting with me on the computer or the Kindle?

Customer:

no because I can't open bluecat on my kindel

JBryan42 :

So you are chatting with me on the computer?

Customer:

yes

JBryan42 :

Does the computer connect to the network through WiFi or is there a wire going between the computer and the router?

Customer:

I I believe it's connected throughthe computer And ther router

JBryan42 :

Ok, so we don't really know if the WiFi signal is showing on the computer. Is the computer a laptop or desktop?

Customer:

desktop

JBryan42 :

Yeah, it more than likely is hardwired then. Ok, back to the Kindle. Does theKindle see the BlueCat signal at all?

Customer:

yes

JBryan42 :

Does it say that the password XXXXX XXXXX when you try to connect? Or, what happens when you try to connect to it?

Customer:

It does't say anything It just has a lock on it when I try to connect

JBryan42 :

Ok, that means that there is a password XXXXX to the newtwork. Do you know the password?

Customer:

yes It's 7DGEVn7ta

JBryan42 :

Ok, on your Kindle, you need to select the network, then "Forget" the network. Then scan and attempt to connect to it again. When you do it will ask you for the password. That's when you enter that password. Once the password XXXXX been entered successfully, it will connect to the network.

Customer:

How do I go about to select the nework on the kindle?

JBryan42 :

Here are the instructions to forget from Amazon:

1. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.

2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.

3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
    A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.

4. Tap the name of the network you want to forget. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.

Customer:

I will have to disconnect tto get to my amazon to do that don't I

JBryan42 :

You shouldn't need to. Those instructions are all done on your Kindle.

Customer:

do I go to Amazon on my kindle Ihaven't had my kindle for too long So im not sure if that's what I can do

JBryan42 :

No, all you do is follow the instructions I gave you. You wouldn't be able to go to Amazon on the Kindle right now ayway because you aren't connected to the network.

JBryan42 :

I'm sorry .. why did you just give me a "Bad" rating?

Customer:

I think we had better forget about getting my trying to get to my bluecat wifi Thank you for try Idont think understand it all. Thanks for tryingYou gave me the bad service I guess Im the on Who doesn't

JBryan42 :

Ok, but the "Bad" service rating very adversely affects me. I really wish you hadn't done that as this is my livelihood.

JBryan42 :

All I'm trying to do is to help and I am now punished.