Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  Basic Networking

Hi. Does anyone know why, since we got Comcast my iPhone wont

Hi. Does anyone know why, since we got Comcast my iPhone wont stay on wifi? It did when we had Verizon. Also the keyboard doesn't rotate thanks
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Please first try to reset your iPhone.

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your device boots. Now test to see if the issue is resolved or still the same.

Test keyboard as well. If not working, does your iPhone rotate normally? Just the keyboard not rotate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Now the keyboard turns but when I try to get on the wifi it says UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK. Any ideas?

You can try this.

1. On your device, go to Settings.
  2. Select General
  3. Select Reset (all the way at the bottom of this list)
  4. Select Reset network settings.
  5. Your device will reboot.
  6. Go back to Settings->wifi and try to connect your home wifi again.

Please let me know how this worked out. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nick,

Can you tell me why my iphone goes off WIFI back to 3G by itself? It also happens to my sig others' iphone. It has happened since we got COMCAST. Thanks!

Could be a wifi issue. You might want to turn off your Comcast wifi router/modem for 5 minute to reset. Turn it back on and test again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. What if that doesn't work because we've tried that before and it will stay on wifi for an hour ,then go off. Can you tell me the possibilities? Could we need a new router because Comcast gave us a used one.

Is this a common problem with Comcast be ause we didn't have this with Verizon. Thanks!
This could be a problem with your router. Usually will not do this with both iphones. This issue is not common. Could be a faulty router.

You should ask Verizon for a new router.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is Comcast. Do people have problems with Comcast?

Lynk, People usually do not have problems with their iphone and Comcast. I have Comcast and iphone. They worked great. You should ask Comcast for another wireless router/modem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does it cost anything?If so, is it cheaper to buy your own?Thanks!

You can try to contact Comcast first. Tell them your issue. Most of the times, they will replace the router for FREE.

In case they ask for money, you can purchase one of THIS ROUTER/MODEM.

Or you can purchase a separate wifi router such as THIS ROUTER. Connect this to your router directly. Then setup wifi. This should work with your iPhones.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Nick...Is the DOCSIS 3 router the best I can ask for?

You are welcomed Lynk. Doc 3 is the current best version.