Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

I have my internet service through Comcast Xfiniti. The download

I have my internet service through Comcast Xfiniti. The download speed is supposed to be 'up to 25 MBPS' for the 'Performance' package I have but I never come close to this. The best speed I can get in the middle of the night is around 12 to 14 MBPS. During business hours it slows down to 5 to 7 MBPS. I have also noticed that if I sign on using Google Chrome the download speed is about half what it is if I sign on using Internet Explorer. Why is this? My client IP is

Bill G.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

You are getting throttled by Comcast. When they say UP to 25mbps, what they really mean is that you will get 10-20mbps with a possibility of 25mbps or higher.

When I had Comcast, I had the UP to 50mbps package and sometimes it would be 70mbps and other times it would be 40 during different hours.

I would suggest that you ask Comcast to come out and check the line that is going to the modem. If you have a bad line into the modem, it will lower your speed. They can also run any tests needed to check the speed.