Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

need help with win 7 and wireless network

Hello Dave! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network / computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please let me know the issue with your win 7 computer and your wireless network?

Also, are you able to use Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon)?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just installed fresh retail copy of Win 7 Home Premium. I'm using IE and a Netgear dual band wireless router. I am able to access internet via Ethernet cable run from pc to router, however win 7 can not see ANY wireless networks in range. PS All the computers in my home are connected wirelessly thru my home network

What's the model of that computer?

Does other computers see one or a few wireless network names?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can help you directly?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a pc I just finished building. The computer I am currently using to comm with you is on the wireless network. I have 3 laptops on the wireless network that are working fine.

Yes, please screen share.

On that PC please go to the website below (in Internet Explorer if possible), and allow the ScreenConnect sharing program to run:

Thank you
Per our conversation, for desktop, you need a wireless/wi-fi adapter, which you can get from your local computer / office / electronics store or online:

If there is any issue setting up the USB wireless adapter, please let me know any time. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.