Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

Ijust bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex GX 620 Xp PRO 3.39

Ijust bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex GX 620 Xp PRO 3.39 GHZ 3.49 GB RAm 149 GB harddrive.Its slow when I go to a website Its not to bad but when I browse the site it is very slow to load.Imno computer geek so I will use standard language.Im 73 Yrs old learned late.When i click the arrow with the mouse when I want to look at a document or picture the sand timer comes out and it takes a long time to get the arrow back so I can get what I want.I called the company on Ebay they sent me a windows restore disk and told me to reinstall windows which I did.Still same problem.I connect to the internet thru time warner.Any suggestions

Hello Ruben! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. So you've reinstalled windows xp, but it still happens. Does this issue occur in both AOL and Internet Explorer programs? If you have another computer, does the Internet work fine on that computer? Have you tried the following:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows and folders.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Internet Options. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset. Then check.

If that does not work, I suggest to use Firefox; it's faster and more reliable. Please download and install Firefox program below:

(keep all default options during installation.)
, then open Firefox, and go to any website in Firefox and see if it works fine in Firefox.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried both same problem.I will do what you suggest and be back in a while

Thank You

OK. Please take your time, and let me know the result any time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apologize for being gone could not help it.It helped some if I go to aol thru internet explorer It seems faster.Today I got a box from the company I bought from and its a hard drive preloaded with what I have .They said install the new hard drive.They think maybe the drive is damaged and this will tell .What do you think

THank you

I will rate after this sorry for the wait

That's okay. How about trying Firefox You can back up your files, then do a disk check to check on the hard drive.

1. Open My Computer
  2. Right-click on the C: drive, then click on Properties.
  3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now.
  4. Then check both boxes and click on Start, and confirm yes, and continue.

If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you